Poker Phenoms Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Poker Phenoms Club Forum

Welcome to the official Forum of the Poker Phenoms Club!!

HomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Latest topics
» Navigating the Forum
NLHE Cash Strategy~"Floating" I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 4:20 pm by Rebels Devil

» full tilt poker shirt patch
NLHE Cash Strategy~"Floating" I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 4:31 pm by Guest

» The Poker Phenoms Club rules and/or policies
NLHE Cash Strategy~"Floating" I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 7:39 pm by Guest

» Coming Soon
NLHE Cash Strategy~"Floating" I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 10:46 am by Guest

» That's too funny!
NLHE Cash Strategy~"Floating" I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 5:21 pm by Rebels Devil

»  I want to come back.
NLHE Cash Strategy~"Floating" I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 12:22 pm by Rebels Devil

» NLHE Cash Strategy~"Floating"
NLHE Cash Strategy~"Floating" I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 4:14 pm by Guest

» Write a letter for your rights to play poker
NLHE Cash Strategy~"Floating" I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 11:39 am by Guest

» Important news for U.S. Players
NLHE Cash Strategy~"Floating" I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 12:21 pm by Guest

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Deadvids

Visit Grateful Dead Streaming Video: DeadVids

NLHE Cash Strategy~"Floating"

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

NLHE Cash Strategy~"Floating" Empty
PostSubject: NLHE Cash Strategy~"Floating"   NLHE Cash Strategy~"Floating" I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 7:51 am

Since this section is under utilized I a going to start making 1 post per week on NLHE Cash Games...mainly focusing on live play but can be used online as well.

I would like to cover "Floating " on this blog.

For those unfamiliar with what "Floating" is here is the definition:
Floating= Calling a bet to either hope to improve on the next street or intentions of bluffing the bettor on the next street(s).

I started off with the floating technique in Live Cash Games as the simple terminology states, though there are many advanced "float" plays.

You may see alot of Poker TV Shows where you see a known pro call a bet with a gutshot or air and have you ever wondered why?

Lets start with an explanation/example:

Floating shouldnt be something that you do often. I personally can go 2-3 sessions without floating in live cash games. Though there are many proper times to do so. .. Recently while in New Orleans for WSOP-C I was playing a small 1/2 (maybe 1/3 .cant remember). I am in middle position with J9 os. I call the raise of 10.00 USD. The flop comes A56. I whiffed so I check. The "Rock" at the tables ..an old man that only played premium hands raises to 25$ on the flop. I snap call to look strong. The turn brings Q. Being first to act here, I know the guy has an Ace in his hand. Though I know he is very capable of folding as hes a super nit and has shown big laydowns. I decide with the pot being approx 75.00 I bet ouit 45.00. He calls and i tell him I have 130.00 left after he calls. As soon as the river hits (6) i go all in. He tanks for about 2 minutes and fold AK face up. ..Succesfull "Floating Play".

In another situation earlier this week, I am playing 5/5 NLHE. I have 68 spades 1st to act. I decide to limp with a suited 1 gapper. The Hi Jack raises to 30.00. evry1 folds and i call. The flop comes down J62 rainbow. I check and he bets out 65.00. I had decided I was going to fold but after deeper thought i decided to float and fold the turn if i didnt hit because this guy was a betting station. The turn brings another 6 giving me trips. Of course, I check. He bets out 120.00. I have 770.00 behind and thinking he has an overpair or J I decide to go all in to look like a stupid amateur bluff. He snap calls with J5.. WTF moment.. he is drawing to a J and misses and I scooped in a masive pot by "floating" the flop bet.

There will be many situations where floats can go bad. The main thing to keep in mind when "floating a street is your opponents style of play. If hes a betting macing aka: "Maniac" then its best to float fold if you miss. In a hand against a tight player the float bluff is always best. Though as an important part of floating is never try a "float" if you are playing above your comfort zone. So basically if you are a 1/2 player , never try a float in a 2/5 or 5/10 Game until you have had enough time to analyze your oppenents style of play and his or her aggression and calling percentage.

I could go in deeper detail and will if requested. I always find it easier to give examples on strategies rather than using complex words that some may not be able to decipher.

I will continue with more blogs if of course, some people find interest.

Thanks,

BC
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

NLHE Cash Strategy~"Floating" Empty
PostSubject: Re: NLHE Cash Strategy~"Floating"   NLHE Cash Strategy~"Floating" I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 4:14 pm

This is a very useful skill that I will work on. Thanks BC.
Back to top Go down

NLHE Cash Strategy~"Floating"
Page 1 of 1